Ready for a public service announcement? You should NOT put coffee grounds down the sink. I guess I threw them out when I used a coffee maker and an stove top espresso maker. However since I’ve used a French press, I’ve washed them down the sink with a ton of water. Yeah, don’t do that. Many thanks to my super, Danilo for cleaning up the mess. And while he’s here he’s moving the whole countertop and caulking the connection with the wall to keep out insects. So, this could be a good thing!
But now I need to figure out a new plan for the coffee grounds. Since I am a tree hugger that prefers reuse rather than landfill, here’s a recipe I plan to use to make a Coffee Body Scrub.
EASY COFFEE BODY SCRUB RECIPE
from Karissa at TheCrunchyChronicles.com
1/2 cup coffee grounds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
Mix ingredients together and scrub in the shower and rinse before you soap up. Store any leftover coffee scrub the fridge (to prevent mold) and use the rest within two weeks.
Uh oh, there is now a leak that the super cannot fix. As we wait for the plumber, I have a little time to reflect before I have to take on the clean up of the mess of water and grounds left behind. Care to join me?
1. To work from home so I can be here for the super even when he arrives late
2. A stronger business circle
3. Family time
4. A snuggly kitty
5. TV and music on the Interwebs
1. Saying no to work to honor social time
2. Three more inquires and 2 more bookings
3. Daily morning pages
4. Securing a co-working location with access to conference room space
5. Finishing the curriculum & timeline for my new group counseling workshop
1. A clean kitchen – I think I will get this one sooner than later by necessity
2. A date
3. Return to consistent yoga and a weekly public class
4. To be fluent in Spanish by this time next year
5. A home I love
Okay folks, that’s it. Let me know if you try the coffee scrub and if you have extra towels, send them my way! Better yet, have a fulfilling week!