I lead a meditation today that focused on GROUNDING. I know, I know big surprise as I tend to go there often. But I also encouraged my students to Find the Play! We live in such a fast-paced world, that we need to be present. It’s easy to be affected by the craziness around us, so we meditate on making sure we find stillness and release negativity in the strength of the Earth. But today, I wanted to fill the space from the release with more positivity. So how ’bout find the play, sense of joy and celebration!
I mean today is Halloween. For some it’s a spirited holiday to dress up and have fun, and others really couldn’t care less. I don’t really celebrate, but there’s something about viewing the day in the eyes of child. The amount of fun in dressing up. And in my neighborhood it’s all about community with local businesses giving out candy to the kids. As we get older, we get so serious. What would happen if we all had more fun and allowed ourselves to be CREATIVE? How can we find the PLAY every day?
The week would not be complete without a little reflection and sharing. So without further ado, here are my Weekly Lists.
1. To catch up on sleep
2. To get into the apartment with some contractors
3. To drink more water – in fact, I just got up and filled my water bottle!
4. Return to daily Spanish lessons
5. Cleaning and organizing my current apartment – My next open day is next Tuesday, the 6th. So, first I VOTE, then I CLEAN!
1. FINALLY getting the commitment letter from the bank!
2. Figuring out a good solution for collecting Souper Jenny’s Thanksgiving take-out orders
3. Teaching some great classes today
4. A full mop and sweep of my home – oh, and changing my sheets!
5. Great hair days
1. Amazing colleagues
2. Coffee & wine – and a FREE pumpkin spice latte today at my co-working space!
3. Hot showers
4. The windows open at the end of October
5. Compost collection at my subway stop each and every Wednesday
Okay folks, that’s it. Nice and easy. I do wish there was some more movement on the desires, but that’s on me. I need to be better about scheduling tasks to complete them. But now’s your turn. Feel free to encourage and question or better yet, add your own. Be creative and find the play!