I have never felt settled. I’ve always felt like I’m waiting for life to begin. For those musical theater lovers out there, there’s a song in the musical, ‘Once on this Island’ with that title. The central character, Ti Moune prays to the gods so she can have assistance to follow her path. ‘Once on this Island’ is one of my favorites and I wonder if it’s because that struggle – that passion and desire truly hit home with me. In fact, my DESIRES were certainly the easily for me to access this week. And then I was moved to take a break in writing this post to have an improtumpu dance party to the song. BOTH versions mind you – the Original Broadway recording from 1990 AND the recording from the production currently running on Broadway. Don’t judge me.
I’ve been close to feeling settled, though. I’ve owned a home, had stronger relationships and stable work, but I’ve started over from scratch at least THREE times in my adult life. So, there’s always a missing piece in the equation and there is a constant sense of longing. As if I am waiting for life to begin. But I’m proud to say that I’ve done the work. I’m on the verge of owning a home that I can GROW into, building a business that is REWARDING and FULFILLING and creating relationships that SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE.
Yeah, lots to be grateful for. Without further ado, here are my weekly lists. Enjoy!
1. My real estate agent, Kristin and my attorney, Pam. Gosh, I love my team of ladies guiding me in this crazy process.
2. The support of my parents
3. Catering leftovers
4. Great Fall weather
5. Being surrounded by beauty and culture
1. Being my strongest advocate and knowing who’s got my back
2. Booking a new wedding for next year
3. Receiving two great review this week
4. Avoiding my usual Fall allergies
5. Staying within my budgets this month
1. For my cat to stop yelling at me. I mean, I know he’s 15, but the curmudgeon in him is STRONG!
2. Regular yoga – with a weekly public class
3. A clean and organized apartment – especially before I move!
4. A new blog post – that’s not a Weekly List THIS week
5. Reading more – to be inspired and expand my world view
Okay, folks that’s it. I always ask for comments, encouragement and sharing your own lists, but this week, I ask for you to join me in Ti Moune’s prayer.
Are you there?
What can I do
To get you to look down and give in?
Hear my prayer
I’m here in the field
With my feet on the ground
And my fate in the air
Waiting for Life to Begin”