A few weeks ago, my parents suggested I come out to Long Island so we could look for appliances and bathroom fixtures in preparation for the renovation of my apartment. It’s all about the details & shapes. There is a part of me that is jazzed to create my home – and then I think it would be so nice if my mother and my friend Carlos would just take care of it and I would handle the move when it’s done!
There were so many choices in style, the ranges of prices and the number of options in each item or category. It’s forced me to pay attention and look at details in a new way. When I’m in a restaurant or really just out on a daily basis, I am looking at the floors and walls. I am looking at the shape of tile and the light fixtures. I am looking at sinks and the faucets and how the water flows. It’s nice to have my eyes open and really pay attention to the details & shapes. It’s forcing me to decide what I like and how I can make my new home my own! I need to continue to build my team before decisions are made, but in the meantime, I’ll keep looking. But let’s expand a bit and focus on the bigger picture. Without further ado, here are my weekly lists.
1. Attending a leadership event sponsored by my alma mater (on a weeknight!)
2. Taking a trip to Atlanta to see Jennifer Levison’s show and connect with friends
3. Getting the board package into the management company for review
4. Updating the photos on my website! Thanks to Angela and Amelie! And of course all of the photographers and wedding couples!
5. Booking two more counseling couples this week
1. To catch up on sleep
2. Figuring out what the new bumps in the joints of my feet are!
3. To come up with a list of my business values, so I can better share my worth and self-promote
4. A clean and organized home – new date of purging is on Monday!
5. Drinking more water so my feet stop cramping
1. Coffee and more coffee
2. Time with friends
3. A snuggly kitty
4. Catering leftovers
5. Being able to drive and listen to the radio in Atlanta!
I am proud to say the celebrations were the first to complete this week! Super apropos that I’m focusing on the celebrations! What do you need to celebrate? How ’bout sharing it below so you can get some accolades and applause! Come on, you deserve it! Here’s to looking at the details and to a truly fulfilling week!