Life isn’t easy. I know, I am not sharing anything we don’t already know. But we tend to get beaten down by the challenges and disappointments. What happens if we focus on finding solutions? Even tonight during a counseling session, one of the pair had a shitty day and couldn’t get out of the doldrums to consider all of the positivity around them.
In truth, sometimes a break is needed. There’s only so much disappointment we can take. But what if we take the challenges one by one and try finding solutions? Take them on as a positive challenge?
Better yet, let’s make it personal. My cat, Maximillian has been biting my leg all day. Oh, wait. He screams at me and then he bites me. I just put on my pajama bottoms and exposed my legs, and he came in for a bite. Yeah, no positive challenge here! But then I opted to finding solutions. I just made a delicious soup with short rib. Hmmm, I wonder if that will do it? I spilled a little into his bowl, and he’s lapping it up eagerly! He’s happy, I’m happy. We’re finding solutions! Whew.
And now for the bigger picture. Without further ado, here are my Weekly Lists. 5 Gratitudes, 5 Celebrations and 5 Desires. Let’s go!
1. Living in a beautiful state – and taking my drive up to a wedding over the weekend to enjoy and admire the changing of the leaves
2. My friend Carlos – along with my mother, he is bringing a huge amount of knowledge into my home renovation to come
3. My general health
4. Wine and coffee
5. My reading glasses – there, I said it!
1. Booking another wedding for this year
2. Drinking FIVE glasses of water yesterday
3. Figuring out and implementing a number of things on Souper Jenny’s website
4. Getting the rain boots I ordered delivered today RIGHT BEFORE I headed out in the rain!
5. Making a soup out of the last bit of catering leftovers. No wasted food!
1. For this home buying process to be easier – um, hahahahaha!
2. To write more – my book, a newsletter, a blog post – I need an accountability partner!
3. I set a huge challenge this week to do SEVEN days of yoga, meditation, water drinking, Spanish lessons and my morning washing ritual. One day in, and 6 to go
4. Exploring the city more and taking in more art and culture
5. A bit more self care – a massage, a mani-pedi, a scrub
Okay folks, that’s it. A ton of positivity and some challenges to tackle to keep things interesting. I’m looking forward to finding solutions. How about you?