I’ve reached an age where I’m done “paying my dues.” Actually I reached it years ago. Instead of being proactive, I sit back. I’m active and available, but passive. So that means that I am largely waiting for things to happen rather than going out and getting them.
In terms of my business, that means that couples that “should” work with me find me and that my social media ‘likes’ are truly organic. In my personal life, that means that my true friends reach out and make plans or call and say hello. While I have not written specifically about being proactive, it’s certainly been a theme lately. With all of the positives around being passive with my business and my personal life, I wonder how I can increase my fulfillment and share more of myself by being a little more proactive.
This is the time of year where I tend to make my goals for the coming year. I also spent the last few days editing and uploading Souper Jenny’s blog post on Visioning. So my thoughts are very much in a time of reflection, but also a time of goal setting. The counselor in me is asking myself, “what do you want?” and “how are you going to get there?” If there are things I want, and there ARE things I want (ahem, weekly desires!) what sense does it make to wait to achieve them? Um, none! It’s no surprise that the DESIRES were again the easiest for me to complete this week. But it’s important to celebrate the good stuff and remember what I’m grateful for, too! So here they are, my Weekly Lists. You are more than welcome to join along.
1. Catering leftovers
2. Warm sweaters & scarves
3. Wonderful colleagues
4. Hot coffee & wine
5. Lots of catering this past week
1. Four days of Spanish lessons on Duolingo
2. Having time to binge watch the second season of ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.’ So, so good!
3. A clean kitchen sink!
4. More research on writing my book
5. Keeping up with my knitting!
1. To return to a regular yoga home practice
2. To get rid of this chill. I did an outdoor elopement today and I am still cold! I sense a hot toddy in my future!
3. To start a new book
4. To have a closing date for my apartment AND actually close!
5. To keep drinking more water
That’s it. Easy. Feel free to comment on my lists in the section below or be bold and add your own! Here’s to being proactive this week and finding satisfaction in all you do!