When I left my apartment this morning, I noticed a woman carrying an umbrella. Did I think much about it? No, not really. I briefly questioned the chance of rain, but I did my usual stop at the community compost collection before heading down town. Not so smart.
When I walked out of the subway stop in the Financial District over an hour later (um, thanks #MTA) the ground was covered with snow. Was I wearing snow boots? Nope! Did I have any inkling that it was set to snow today? Negative! So I slipped and slided my way in my sneakers as I walked a block to my co-working space.
For a smart, person I felt pretty stupid. I just checked the forecast at 1PM and it was supposed to snow all day. ALL DAY! It just makes me think about what I know and what I don’t. And then where I remain completely unaware. For example, my whole housing dealio…what a learning experience. I say that to my wedding couples, you plan a wedding and basically become an expert. However, you only do it once. And now I’m experiencing the same thing with buying an apartment in NYC and embarking on a large scale renovation. Gosh, I’ve learned so much over the last few years. But once I’m in and done, it’s doubtful that I will EVER do this again. I’ve been doing a much better job keeping things positive, but I still start with my DESIRES. Off we go.
1. To get a positive response from my management company
2. A public yoga class this week
3. A little self care with a mani/pedi or a massage
4. More work from all of my income streams
5. To plan some travel for 2020
1. The support of my parents
2. Lots and lots of hot coffee
3. Free haircuts and good hair days
4. Great catering co-workers
5. Warm mittens, tons of winter scarves & hats
1. Signing a contract with my contractor today
2. Creating 3 bags of clothing donations
3. A clean apartment due to counseling sessions in my hone office
4. Splurging on dinner & a show with Dominique
5. Sending my tax prep to my accountant
Okay folks, that’s it. It’s been a long day and after this well deserved cocktail, I’m getting into bed. Another long day tomorrow. So, here’s to keeping things positive and having a fulfilling week! Feel free to comment below or be bold and add your own lists.