Today is one of those days that you stay inside. And how did I start my day? By walking in the snow! Forecast showed a “wintry mix” with accumulation of 2-4″. While all of my appointments changed to phone meetings, I needed to meet a potential painter at my new apartment to get an estimate. So I bundled up, donned my snow boots, pressed play on an old episode of “How I Built This” and started walking. Needless to say the streets were quiet. There were lots of supers shoveling, but not a ton of hustle and bustle on the roads or sidewalks. Even with the pelting of sleet, it really wasn’t so bad. And I was certainly warm and entertained.
On my way home, walking in the snow, I passed a patch of clean snow on the sidewalk and after a moment of hesitation, I decided to lay down and create a snow angel! Yup, I really did that. I wonder if anyone saw me do it. I’m sure if someone did they may have thought I was crazy. But then again this is New York, and no one really cares. So I had a moment of joy and of course, I had to document it!
I continue to struggle with finding the positive. In fact, as I created my Weekly Lists, the DESIRES just kept a-comin’ even after I hit 5. Therefore I needed to stop and really focus on the Gratitudes and Celebrations. And there has been a ton of those this week, as well. Without further ado, here are my lists. Feel free to comment on mine and add your own.
1. Huge thank you to my renovation and real estate team for keeping me sane and moving forward
2. Warm sweaters, a down coat and my mittens
3. Hot coffee and red wine
4. Laundry in my building
5. Being able to stream videos and TV on my computer
1. Booking my next PM Counseling Group workshop before I lead the one that’s scheduled
2. Booking 2 new wedding couples and 2 new counseling couples this week
3. A bit of self-care yesterday with a mini Racked stretching session
4. Listening to podcasts again on my commute. I feel like time goes quicker and I’m learning something new!
5. Having a good idea what I want for tile in the bathroom and kitchen
1. To figure out all things housing
2. For Maxie to stop yelling at me and biting my leg. Yes, he’s nipping at my legs now. Oy!
3. Time and energy to network for my business
4. Making sure I have healthy food in the fridge at all times
5. To make have 3 strong chapters of my book by the end of March
And there you have it! Now is your turn. Feel free to comment below or add a gratitude, celebration or desire of your own. Here’s to staying warm and finding joy as you walk in the snow!