I’ve taken 2 weeks off my Weekly Lists. So, I give myself a hearty Welcome Back. I am not sure if anyone really noticed, but I just didn’t have it in me to post them. I did start them last week, but didn’t have the positivity to continue. There’s currently lots of emotion swirling around, and for a pretty calm person, I really wanted to punch a good number of people in the face. Many of them strangers. That’s not good. Or I’ve wanted to cry. And not the positive kind either.
I started Deepak Chopra and Oprah’s current meditation challenge yesterday. It focuses on grace and gratitude. So with a few breaths and a reminder of the possibilities around me, I was able to take care of myself, just as much as I take care of others. And then yesterday, I got a lovely card in the mail from my good friend, Angela. She basically countered all of the crap and with well wishes and love. Welcome back positivity!
Without further ado, here are my Weekly Lists. Feel free to comment or question below, and of course, add your own if you feel so moved!
1. More catering work, and the leftovers that go with it
2. Hot coffee and red wine
3. Sunshine and open windows
4. The few people that still check in on my craziness
5. Those that join me in the care of the environment
1. Booking SIX (!!!) new counseling couples this week
2. Completing a 7-day Yoga challenge yesterday. I mean, it took me 8 days to complete, but I DID IT
3. Self-care last week – a full body massage AND a mani/pedi over the weekend
4. Major donations in prep for the move. Bags of clothing to Housing Works, random fabric and single socks to NYC textile collection – and I today I dropped the last of my theater books and all of my dance shoes to the Harlem School of the Arts – WHEW
5. My co-working space – it’s come in handy lately
1. To have food in my fridge to either grab or cook
2. A return to my Spanish language lessons
3. More wedding couples – inquiries and bookings, please!
4. For my parents not to call EVERY day asking for updates that do not exist
5. To get approval from the board & permits from the city to return to renovation
Okay folks, that’s it. It took me a bit to get here, but I promise you can do it, too!