My grad school thesis was about comedy, laughter and humor. I titled it, “When You Hit Your Funny Bone” based on that exact feeling. You know the one, pain bordering on hilarious? I know I’m not the only one to experience that. Please tell me you do, too! The range of things we find funny is quite large, and people laugh for many reasons – including a situation being so ridiculous that it no longer makes sense.
Anyhoo, the housing mess I’ve gotten myself into is more like frustration bordering on hilarious. Things are so bad – HOW BAD ARE THEY! – I really cannot be surprised anymore, I just have to laugh. Last week there was light at the end of the tunnel, but there’s now a huge train coming my way and I just need to get out of the way so I don’t get run over.
But here I am doing my best to bring the good things to the forefront. So, join me in a good laugh and here are my Weekly Lists.
1. The support of my parents
2. A roof over my head
3. Hot coffee & tequila
4. Sunny days
5. My sparse yoga practice
1. Booking another wedding for this year and getting inquiries from 3 couples for this year and next
2. The hiring of a new building engineer
3. Being asked to sit on a panel for prospective wedding couples and vendors
4. Time to read
5. Speaking my truths and asking for help
1. To resume work on my new apartment
2. Pair down in prep for my move
3. To create a new normal
4. To have a clean kitchen sink
5. To travel in 2020
Okay, that’s it. Short and sweet. I am going to keep breathing, laughing and staying positive. Send some good thoughts my way, and I will do my best to send ’em back your way. Here’s to a fulfilling week!