I have lots pending in my life right now. So am spending lots of time in the future, rather than being present. That means I have put off taking care of my hair and I finally had enough. Thankfully, I was able to get an early morning appointment before a catering job on Tuesday. The subways were their normal disaster and when there was a LINE of people on the stairs to get down to the 6 train platform, I realized I needed to go aboveground. As I walked to the salon from Grand Central Station down Park Avenue, in the center median, I saw one of the best signs of spring, CHERRY BLOSSOMS.
I am not in that area of town very often, so it’s not like I was looking for them. It was such a pleasant surprise! So after the frustration of the first part of my commute, I was immediately present. Being present in the beauty, present in the idea of renewal and present in the moment. Of course, my Weekly Lists allow me to be present, too. Without further ado, here’s a bit of reflection and sharing!
1. Inquiries from 3 wedding couples and 5 counseling couples, plus one of my counseling couples asked me to officiate their wedding!
2. Starting to write the FINANCES chapter of my pre-marital counseling book
3. Selecting tile for my kitchen and narrowing down tile for my bathroom
4. Having students in my yoga & meditation classes
5. Participating in the Meditation Challenge 6 days this week
1. To get rid of my current headache – since I’ve had one every day this week
2. To see some positive movements in my apartment renovation, since I will not be able to afford the current situation much longer
3. To release expectation around the fact that some of my coworkers do not care as much as I do
4. To drink more water
5. To be able to plan a trip in 2020!
1. The amazing positivity around me – from colleagues and from a few of my couples
2. Having my windows open in my apartment – I have a scarf around my neck, but still
3. Coffee & wine
4. Having enough catering AND my own work this week to make my financial income goal
5. Laundry in the building
Okay folks, that’s it. I still have more work to do, so I’m going to end here. But I hope you find your own way to be present, and have a fulfilling week. If you care to share below, please do!