Spring is finally here. It’s my favorite time of the year, so it brings me JOY to see the trees budding, the daffodils and tulips blooming and the sun shining! Today on my walk in SoHo, I noticed gorgeous cherry blossoms as I crossed Spring Street. And others did, too as I saw at least 3 people taking pictures with their phones.
But I’m kinda on a joy kick lately. Maybe it’s because of Marie Kondo and her requirement of holding all of your possessions and asking if they spark joy. But it’s been my way “in” with a couple of my counseling gents lately. Both are dealing with a bit of stress and need to find release. So I asked them both what brings them joy, and we brainstormed with ways to be able to make sure to find time for joyous activities or experiences. I know it’s simple, but gosh it’s powerful.
Today for me, I had some errands to do downtown. I could have jumped on the subway to get them done quicker, but I decided to walk the mile between locations. Oh, how something so easy brings me joy. It gave me an opportunity to listen to a podcast, as well as enjoy the sunshine. I saw new restaurants and boutiques, and paid attention to the varied architecture and all of the people living and working in my amazing city. Life is good. Without further ado, here are my Weekly Lists.
1. Time with family
2. Big fat cherry blossoms
3. Having my windows open, and not wearing a jacket today!
4. My local library
5. Hot coffee and red wine
1. Booking 1 new wedding this week, plus 3 wedding and 2 counseling inquiries
2. Six days of Spanish language lessons on Duolingo
3. A little self-care this week, with a foot massage and getting my eyebrows threaded
4. Um, Passover!
5. For great students in my yoga classes
1. A freakin’ permit from the DOB
2. Maxie letting me sleep through the night
3. A clean kitchen sink – I wanted to say spotless kitchen, but who am I kidding!
4. To scan my old photos
5. 1 public yoga class this week
That’s it, folks. Now it’s your turn. Feel free to add your own lists below. What brings YOU joy? How can you add those things to your daily life? If you need suggestions or encouragement, do not hesitate to let me know! I’m happy to assist.