As I sip on some leftover matzoh ball soup, I am able to not only warm the belly, but reflect on the last few days. My weekend was FULL of counseling. It was all about holding space. I guided Individual, group AND something new — a Sibling Counseling session! I will probably do a separate blog post on that last one, as it truly opens up the work I do. However, all the sessions were about relationship and communication, and I was really just holding space for the conversations to happen.
Last night, I was part of a Panel discussion for engaged couples & wedding professionals entitled ‘Partnership and the Art of Communication.’ It was a powerful discussion around some difficult topics, and I encouraged those attending that the first step in creating open communication is having a sacred space in which to share. Making sure you know what you want, and can clearly communicate it is super important, but if the environment is not open for it, an easy dialogue is impossible.
So, for all of you that desire open communication – whether you are with friends, siblings or your partner – I’ll be here holding space.
And in this sacred space, I share my Weekly Gratitudes, Celebrations & Desires. Please join me.
1. Warmer days
2. Red wine & hot coffee
3. An unlimited MetroCard this week
4. Laundry in the basement
5. A snuggly kitty
1. Participated in a beautiful panel discussion on communication at Haven’s Kitchen yesterday
2. Six days of Spanish lessons on Duolingo
3. Lead 2 amazing group workshops over the weekend
4. Booked 1 new wedding and inquires
5. Caught up on administrative work
1. A clean kitchen
2. Correct updated drawings from the architect
3. Time and energy to write a blog post, a newsletter and a new chapter of my book
4. A new hairstyle
5. Sell my bookcase
That’s it, folks. Now’s your turn. Feel free to ask and share below. Here’s to open dialogue and a super fulfilling week!