I have long been a supporter of the 3 Rs – reduce, reuse & recycle, however, there are challenges with goodness. My need/desire of #environmentalism mostly butts up against the ease of disposability, and the high cost of more zero waste options. See there are challenges with goodness? I WANT to do these things, but they take time and money!
The latest issue is that I ran out of dish soap AND hair gel. Both were bottled in plastic and it’s challenging to find easy options that are also environmentally friendly. So what do I do? Nothing. Therefore my dishes aren’t washed and my hair’s a mess. Luckily few people go into my kitchen and my hair is long enough to put into a ponytail. However, I am just procrastinating which is certainly not sustainable. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I do have time today between counseling appointments, so I will at least find some paper-wrapped Castile soap that I can use to wash my dishes. And then I’m free after Friday’s Central Park Wedding to go to Fairway or Whole Foods and see what’s available in bulk to make some more cleaning and haircare products.
I know the challenges with goodness are easily compatible with research and a plan. And now’s the time the make one. Well, first some reflection and sharing, and then on to plan-making! Let’s go.
1. Open windows on this sunny day
2. My super cute rain boots necessary earlier in the week
3. Catering leftovers
4. A roof over my head
5. Red wine & chocolate
1. Approval from the DOB, and the promise of a permit by the end of the day
2. Booking 2 new weddings this week
3. Students in yesterday’s EmPOWER yoga class
4. Four days of Spanish lessons on Duolingo this week
5. Being caught up with all email correspondence
1. To find a sustainable Zero Waste practice
2. For Maxie to stop biting my face in the middle of the night
3. A clean kitchen sink before I go to sleep tonight
4. Time and energy to write 2 blog posts
5. A stronger social circle
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn – to comment, reflect, share and embrace the goodness. Here’s to a productive and fulfilling week!