In yoga, we fully exhale the breath in order to take a full breath in. It’s all about creating a clean slate. With my apartment, I originally wanted to do only the bear minimum in terms of updating. However my friend Carlos and my mother encouraged me to do a full gut renovation. Clean slate. Nothing like taking the walls down to the studs and building everything back up again fresh, to get a new perspective.
There is a huge amount of vulnerability peeling it all back and starting again. However a clean slate brings immense possibility.
Where in your life can you let go? How would it feel for you to take a step back or start over? While I have this self-reflection happening, I’m going to expand with my weekly desires, gratitudes and celebrations. Care to join me?
1. For the fucking architect to do his fucking job and provide the fucking drawings
2. To not have to use my air conditioner
3. To be bug free
4. More work
5. To bring my wedge sandals to the shoe repair place
1. People who offer just as much as I do
2. Good hair days
3. Catering leftovers
4. Strong coffee & white wine
5. My friend, Bridge for upping my skincare routine. I cannot wait until she launches her line, so I can share!
1. A clean kitchen sink!!!
2. Seven inquiries this week and 2 new counseling couples
3. For taking a HIIT class with Whitney (thanks, honey!) and not dying…I mean getting through it!
4. For writing a blog post and getting great feedback – now I just need to upload and send the newsletter
5. Making another round of homemade hair gel
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn. Feel free to comment or question. Encourage or give advice. Or better yet, be bold and share your own lists. Go.