Yesterday I went to an event for wedding industry professionals and not only was there food and drink, dancing and a photo booth, there were two guys offering Spirit Animal readings. I mean, these days I am looking for guidance anywhere I can find it. So, while I originally scoffed, I grabbed a gin & tonic and decided to head upstairs to see what it was all about. To be honest, I have no experience with spirit animals. I only heard of them in jest. People calling celebrities or politicians that exhibit strength their spirit animal. And I seem to remember when I was particularly motivational or Zen, someone called me their spirit animal.
So when 2 others joined the cue to receive a spirit animal reading after me, they asked what I expected. And I had no answer. I was going into the reading with an open mind. Sure, I’ve gotten tarot readings, and I’ve been playing more with my Moon Deck, but the whole spirit animal thing was new. When it was finally our turn we took a seat around small table. The reader decided to do a spread with 3 cards, one for past, present and future. After a bit of shuffling and cutting, he flipped over Tarantula, Beaver and Lizard.
Tarantula got an oooooooh when flipped. And then came Beaver. As I am trying to dig deeper into my present, and I do preach presence in my yoga class, I was most interested here. Gosh, it was so dead on. When I googled today, I found “the beaver spirit animal symbolizes ingenuity and persistence when it comes to work. When the beaver totem appears to you, you are being encouraged to be diligent until the task is completed. The beaver meaning also speaks about productivity and achievement.” But get this…especially since I am in the middle of a home renovation project…”the beaver spirit animal is a master architect that can make a strong home out of scratch. The beaver is an expert builder, and it can transform the environment with hard work and determination. It can work alone and with a team, and still achieve amazing results!”
Come on, now!
And according to this blogger, Beavers are awesome. End of post.
So while I’ve taken a break from my Weekly Lists, with a little persistence and productivity I move forward. Without further ado, here they are.
1. Sunny skies, gentle breezes, and feet in the grass
2. Hot coffee and wine
3. Lots of catering and my own work last week
4. My ability to apologize and forgive
5. Most of my new housing support circle
1. Starting renovation again yesterday
2. A return to regular Spanish lessons on Duolingo
3. Making my bed daily
4. Having students in my yoga & meditation classes
5. Eight counseling appointments this week
1. A routine around food shopping and meal prep
2. For my pending couples to be more responsive
3. To find a workable solution to using my tablet remotely
4. For approval from the co-op board to move forward with construction
5. For karma to hit my current landlord with a vibrant force
Okay, that’s it, folks! Now’s your turn. Feel free to comment or question, encourage or share your own! I promise to lend my hard work and determination to celebrate and encourage you. Come on, let’s go!