This week has been full of daily challenges. I’m not talking about my regular issues, and there HAVE been lots of that this week. I am talking about a number of tasks that I am attempting to do in a relatively large number of topics. So not only am I trying for my daily Spanish lessons, but this month is #PlasticFreeJuly. And then my co-working space scheduled a health and wellness competition that started last week and yesterday I began meeting with a group on Facebook lead by a sales coach. Dare I mention that Deepak Chopra and Oprah have a 21-day Meditation Challenge right now, too? For that one, I think I will have to take a pause. Oy, the daily challenges!
Hello, my name is Hope Mirlis and I am a challenge addict.
I do have to say that I am doing pretty well with the challenges. For Plastic-free July, I continue to be mindful about what I buy that’s wrapped in plastic. I have satisfied all but one of the wellness challenges thus far. And I’ve taken baby steps to be able to what Ryann Gillen Dowdy calls “Sell Like a Rockstar.”
Not too much else to report about my general happenings. I am doing my best to stay positive and be clear on my desires. Care to join me? Here are my weekly lists.
1. Sunny days and open windows in the early mornings
2. Cold brew and white wine
3. A roof over my head (and that I have yet to receive another eviction notice)
4. Great wedding and catering colleagues
5. Streaming TV options and YouTube programming
1. Membership in a new wedding association
2. Being able to speak about my skill and value
3. Finding a work-around for my broken french press, (I mean, mama needs coffee!) and replacing the beaker
4. Eight days of Spanish lessons on Duolingo
5. Making homemade toothpaste! I mean it’s not the tastiest, but it works!
1. More wedding inquiries and at least 2 bookings this week
2. To get final approval from the building engineer and board so I can start construction in earnest
3. To live in a bug-free home
4. For Maxie to stop biting and yelling
5. To find more plastic-free options, as I had to pass on a few food and skin care option this week
Okay, that’s it. Feel free to comment, question or share your lists below. Here’s to both challenging yourself to move forward, and release the challenges you experience. Off we go!