In the words of the poet, Kanye West…
“N-now th-that that don’t kill me
Can only make me stronger
I need you to hurry up now
‘Cause I can’t wait much longer…”
I have seen such adversity lately, that I really don’t know how I’ve managed to get through the day. But in all honestly, they really are just #firstworldproblems. I have food to eat and while my landlord is doing their darnedest to evict me, I still have a roof over my head. But solving these problems have certainly made me stronger!
I skipped my Weekly Lists last week because I just couldn’t muster the positivity. However, as I reflected today, Kanye’s ‘Stronger’ came to mind. I used it during the warm-up when I taught hip-hop dance at UC Davis back in 2009. Most of my students danced in a light and flowy way. So I continually had to get them to be stronger and add weight to their movement. In the case of my home renovation and some work issues, I have not wanted to cause trouble or encourage anyone to walk off the job, so I have been a little weak. A week ago, I started stepping up and holding my ground, and thankfully I have seen some positive response. So I continue to balance how and how much I push, as I not only find strength but positive as well. Without further ado, here are my Weekly Lists.
1. My contractor, Erron; my friend, Carlos and my mother for all their support during the approval process
2. A visit from the exterminator
3. My fan & air conditioner (it’s been HOT!)
4. Cold brew
5. Online learning opportunities for sales, SEO & connection
1. Seven inquiries last week and 2 new bookings
2. A major win in housing court
3. Students in my yoga & mediation classes
4. Catching up on all admin work
5. A clean kitchen sink!
1. For Maxie to stop biting
2. Grocery shopping and meal prep
3. Drink more water
4. Not be so tired, or perhaps time for a NAP?
5. For people to do their F*%@#ing jobs!
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn. Please take a moment to comment, encourage and add your own lists below. Here’s to making yourself stronger and to having a fulfilling week!