It’s hard to believe that I have been writing and posting my gratitude list for SEVEN years now. My weekly lists have quite a history! In 2013, on the suggestion of Amy Banks, I added the list of celebrations and originally a To-do list. And the tasks shifted to DESIRES in 2014. That same year, Tommy Housworth suggested I do an A to Z gratitude list. I did A, B & C and then stopped. In 2017, I standardized the image I used, to make the look more consistent.
While things have shifted and expanded over the years, the exercise is really the same. Taking a moment to realize the good around me, and express what I can do better. Care to join me? How ’bout you add a few gratitudes, celebrations and desires below? In the meantime, here are mine! And you never know, I may return to the alphabet in the not too distant future!
1. Liz at Common Point for a great acupuncture session
2. Strong coffee and white wine
3. Slightly cooler temperatures
4. Streaming TV options
5. Having an unlimited MetroCard
1. Hiring a new expeditor to get the updated drawings filed with the city
2. A trip to International Grocery for rice, corn meal & almonds in bulk
3. Students in all of my yoga & mediation classes
4. Great feedback from my recent couples
5. Just taking a 45-minute nap!
1. Deeper connection with those in the NYC wedding industry
2. Drinking more water
3. More work
4. Return to Spanish language lessons
5. Consistent cleaning
Okay folks, that’s it. Take a moment to think of the people and things you love and appreciate. How about some success you’ve had this week? Lastly, what’s next? Where can you make positive change or do better? Extra points if you write down and SHARE your lists. Add your lists, encouragement and thoughts in the comment section below!