My life is all about being ready…ready and waiting. In the past it was Atlanta traffic and being on hold for acting gigs. Now in New York, it’s all about subway delays and waiting for responses from wedding couples. And we cannot forget about the huge disaster that is my housing situation, waiting for approval and judgement and well, any information at all. I’m so glad that I’ve embraced meditation and can easily find Zen or I’d be a big mess of anxiety ALL THE TIME from the energy required to be ready and waiting.
The great news, however, is that all is temporary and a CHOICE. The time will come where people will have to wait for openings in my calendar. And while it may take a long time, there will be positive change so our public transportation system is not a huge mess. The choice part is the more interesting one. I have a choice to get frustrated and anxious, or I can take action where I have power do so, and release where I don’t. For the time being, I breathe deeply over here ready and waiting.
Without further ado, here are this week’s lists.
1. Time with family
2. Coffee & wine
3. Sunshine & open windows
4. The library
5. Streaming TV options
1. Creating morning and evening rituals
2. Keeping my kitchen sink and countertops clean
3. Continuing to find ways to eliminate my plastic use
4. Finding time to read
5. Not getting an eviction notice this month (yeah, that’s my life…)
1. For my neighbors to stop blasting music after midnight
2. To have ANY type of forward momentum with my renovation
3. For my fall allergies to be light this year
4. To be better about checking email, social engagement, etc. less frequently or on a schedule
5. To search for a publisher for my book this week
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn to join in the fun. Feel free to join me in the comments below!