There are many symbols of fall and they are all quite relevant in my life, currently. Change, Mystery, Protection, Comfort and Letting Go. The last one – letting go – holds a regular place in my meditation practice, and the first one – change – is pretty much a constant in my life. However the middle 3 are very powerful, yet I don’t consider them as often. The quality of ‘unknown,’ is quite familiar, but I am glad to make the switch to Mystery. The unknown is scary. Mystery, however feels adventurous. Protection and comfort are the symbols of fall that I focus on less. However, as I renovate my new home and honor the major transition I’m in, I have been considering ways to be comfortable and protect my needs and desires. This is huge as part of self-care – something else I’ve been neglecting lately.
Do you love Autumn? What are your favorite aspects? How do you get ready for Winter? As you ponder, your reflection may expand to thoughts of celebration, desire and gratitude. Check out my weekly lists, and add your own below!
1. The return to construction
2. An evening with friends without financial worry
3. Amazing reviews from recent couples
4. Booking a wedding couple and 2 counseling couples this week
5. Attending 2 networking events and reaching out to new colleagues
1. A bug-free home
2. Permission to work on my new kitchen
3. Time and energy to wash the dishes
4. A little self-care & time to read
5. Return to a regular yoga practice
1. A very busy work month
2. Support from so many people in a rather crazy time
3. Having the windows open with mild fall temps
4. Finding the funny in most situations
5. Inexpensive or free hair care options
That’s it, folks! After taking a few weeks off, I’m back on track. Here’s to consistency and more importantly, to a fulfilling week.