This entire year, I’ve been climbing uphill. Okay, take that back. I’ve been climbing uphill for the last 2 years. I have been working my tushy off so I’m set up for a bit of ease. Not coasting downhill or anything, but ease. I shifted careers over the last 10 years, moved closer to family 8 years ago and decided to buy an apartment 4 years ago. The real estate process in Manhattan is not for the feint of heart, and you are absolutely out of your mind if you want to renovate. If there was a potential problem along the way, I hit it. But I still climb. The great news is that climbing is movement. It’s challenging, but there’s forward momentum. There has been lots of waiting over the past 3 years, but I’m proud to say I’ve learned a lot, and know the best way to get around the blockages.
I’ve also been learning more about Human Design. (More on this later) As a Generator, my strategy in life is to wait and respond. Once I realized that I really need to listen to my gut and not try to manifest, I’ve been less frustrated. So, the waiting has been easier and more manageable. Luckily, I can also find the humor in things, and can release anxiety with meditation. So I keep climbing. Taking a moment to reflect, but climbing uphill. Want to join me at least on the reflection? Here are my weekly lists!
1. Old friends who reach out and check in. Thanks Maria & Tony!
2. Nice weather with open windows
3. Catering leftovers
4. Supportive colleagues and co-workers
5. Strong coffee and chilled wine
1. Permission from the board to fix the dumbwaiter ceiling
2. Two wedding bookings this week, and 4 counseling inquiries
3. Getting Souper Jenny’s Thanksgiving take-out online order process to work
4. Using my to-do list
5. Scheduling a dental cleaning
1. To get rid of the ache in my lower back
2. To return to a more consistent yoga practice
3. More photos and testimonials from recent weddings
4. To write and send a newsletter this week
5. A date
Feel free to comment, questions or add your own lists below!