In one of my meditations this week, I spoke about quieting the body and the mind in order to pay attention to the world around us. Really, just being able to LISTEN UP. And I tend to share things that I need to hear myself. There is so much clutter in the world around me, that it’s important to be able to let go of the distractions and just listen.
I’ve been doing more reading about Human Design, and my Gate 13 (also correlating to the I-Ching “Fellowship of Man”) is consciously active. Gate 13 is the Gate of the Listener. Chetan Parkyn writes in his book, Human Design: Discover the Person You were Born to Be,”You are a born Listener. You could absorb the stories of the world, your shoulder could be drenched by a torrent of tears, and your very being could be mistaken for a listening post where strangers could unburden themselves and divulge all of their deepest darkest secrets.”
In fact, I’ve always been the person friends or students came to for advice. And now, I built a practice around it. The only trouble for me is that my Channel of Structuring (the connection of Gates 23 & 43) is also consciously active, so I also have flashes of insight, and feel the need to verbally express them. So my challenge is to know when to share and when not to. So my personal challenge right now, is to be an even better listener. Wish me luck, I’m going to need it. In the meantime, here are my Weekly Lists!
1. Making all large decisions around my new home
2. Booking another wedding for next year
3. Getting a massage last week
4. Leading some really powerful meditations
5. Continuing to deepen a zero waste lifestyle
1. For Maxie to stop biting and waking me up more than once in the middle of the night
2. To figure out the location of the litter box in my new apartment
3. For positive outcomes today and tomorrow in court
4. To win the lottery, well, um, fine to book 4 couples this week
5. To arrange a move-in date, and MOVERS!
1. Coffee & wine
2. My friend Carlos, and my mother for all of their assistance on my renovation
3. Amazingly supportive colleagues
4. The generosity of my friend Jenny
5. Connection and referrals from a number of wedding planners
Okay folks, now’s your turn! Feel free to listen and share. Encourage and be vulnerable. I promise to be right alongside with you. Here’s to quieting the mind, and having a fulfilling week!