Welcome to 2020, and for me it’s finally Welcome Home. Welcome to my new home, that is. Some of you may know that I’ve struggled for the last few years trying to find an apartment in Manhattan, and then once I found one, it was equally challenging to not only purchase, but renovate and then inhabit. I believe I’ve said it before, but this process is not for the faint of heart. I’ve received lots of compliments, encouragement, and tons and tons of help. Major thanks to Kristin, Pam, Robin, Erron, Carly, Jenn, Leon, Stacy, Carlos, Carlos, Carlos and of course my amazingly supportive parents. I’m not done yet, but I’m close.
I’ve been delinquent on my weekly lists, but with a new year, I am newly dedicated to doing them regularly. Here we go!
1. Moving into my new home
2. Hosting my first gathering – without a fully working kitchen!
3. Getting amazing feedback and reviews from my last few weddings of 2019
4. Creating a new EmPOWER class for January/February with a new playlist! Hello Firefly!
5. Having tons of persistence and resilience
1. To get my full security deposit back from my landlord
2. To have a working radiator in my bedroom
3. For my mother to feel better (and get discharged from the hospital)
4. To have my contractor finish all of the renovation work – safely and quickly – in the next 2 weeks
5. To book 3 couples this week
1. My small group of friends and family for blessing my new apartment – and Kim for stepping in and helping me finish cook the traditional New Year’s Day menu
2. My friend Stacy for helping me on moving day
3. A grocery store around the corner
4. Thick socks, warm scarves and heavy sweaters
5. My friend Carlos for his amazing support and guidance during the renovation process
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn. Feel free to question or comment or be brave and add your own list items below. Happy New Year and go!