There has been lots of talk around vision as we entered 2020. Hindsight is 2020, for example was mentioned A LOT. It got me thinking about the decisions I’ve made recently, and if I knew what I know now, would I have made other choices. Sure, sure most of this is rhetorical, but we DON’T KNOW. I mean, HINDSIGHT is 2020, but as we go down a path, we embrace the unknown, trust our gut and hope for the best!
If I knew everything I know now, would I have co-founded a theatre company? Would I have gone to seminary directly out of high school? Would I have bought the apartment I’m now living in? Or in the case of last night, would I have taken the 7 train, if I realized that I would have to climb those creepy stairs and cross the Pulaski Bridge in the freezing cold? Probably not. But then I wouldn’t have seen that crazy awesome view of Manhattan!
Here’s to taking some risks and embracing the unknown. But first a little reflection with my Weekly Lists. Care to join me on BOTH? I dare you.
1. Warm hats, gloves and scarves
2. My mother – for all of her guidance and assistance on renovating my apartment and all of the issues along the way
3. Clean clothes
4. My hot water bottle
5. Hot coffee & tea (are you seeing a theme?)
1. Resolution on the bad flooring in my dining room
2. Booking 3 new couples this week!
3. The installation of my closets
4. Catching up on sleep
5. Finally getting a hairdryer that has a diffuser – for cheap!
1. For heat in my bedroom!
2. To write some blog posts and send out a newsletter to my mailing list
3. To get photos and reviews from last year’s couples
4. To return to a regular yoga practice – as well as staring to practice in my new home
5. Planning travel in 2020
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn. Feel free to join in and add your comments, questions or your own lists below.