Hi, my name is Hope, and I have an umbrella problem. An umbrella surplus problem, to be exact. I own about 10 umbrellas, but then I fail to check the forecast and get caught in the rain. So I either grab one from hotel coat checks or lost & founds, or buy a brand new one. I’m sure I’m not the only one. However, for you it may be condiments, over the counter meds, baking soda or something else. In any case you have a surplus of something you DON’T need!
So, what can we do?
Well, I just put a small umbrella in my day bag. That way I will ALWAYS have one. However, we could all be better organized, and better prepared. I could make sure to double check the weather before I leave my house. If there’s rain in the forecast, I can then make sure that I have an umbrella. But we can all create better lists, organize the bathroom closet or the kitchen pantry to see what we have before we buy another jar of mayo!
Wouldn’t a surplus of space or money be a better option? Where do you have a surplus? Where would you RATHER have one? And heck, while you are reflecting, please join me in my weekly lists!
1. Getting ALL of the money back from the bad hardwood flooring
2. Booking two weddings and 3 counseling couples this week
3. Adding all of my 2019 couples to my mailing list AND sending an email
4. Finding a zero waste option for MASCARA! I can wear it again!!
5. My first yoga home practice in my new home
1. For my renovation to be complete, so I can unpack and organize
2. To execute the weekly meal plan I created last year
3. To write 2 blog posts & send a newsletter to the full mailing list
4. More travel this year
5. For Maxie to let me sleep through the night (and not bite my face or pull my hair!)
1. Free haircuts!
2. My friend Maria for coming over to help lift my bookcase & desk into place
3. Sales on things I need for my new home
4. Hot coffee and gin! (separate, not together!)
5. A second chance to create shelves in my kitchen
Okay folks, that’s it. Now’s your turn. Feel free to comment or question, encourage or add your own lists below. Here’s to a good kind of surplus, and more importantly, to having a fulfilling week!