Today is not only Gratituesday, it’s the Indian holiday, Holi. So, Happy Holi, everyone! Holi is a festival to celebrate the full moon, Spring, lots and lots of color and just love, in general. So, while the entire world is freaking out about the coronavirus/COVID-19, we can do our best to celebrate joy, happiness and laughter!
Yes, the world is a scary place, and my newly 11-year old nephew shared his fear yesterday, too. I am not sure why washing hands is a new thing for so many. And if our health care system was better, people would be able to take sick days. But what really saddens me is the greed and the spread of misinformation. Please don’t hoard hand sanitizer and then try and sell it online at a premium – and don’t spread information if you’re not sure of the source or if it’s true! So, sure we need to be cautious, but also remember the good stuff. Usually a bit of reflection is remedy for that! So, let’s go!
1. Amazing support from friends and family
2. Catering leftovers
3. The Find My Phone app
4. Open windows and warmer temperatures
5. Hand lotion to moisturize my often washed hands
1. Booking two weddings yesterday
2. Cooking and sharing a Holi inspired meal on Sunday night – and buying ingredients with almost no plastic packaging. But y’all, I made Chana Masala AND Thandi from scratch!
3. Replacing the batteries in my smoke alarm on my super high ceilings
4. The return to a to-do list, and actually using it
5. Getting a replacement piece for my new bookcase – and huge thanks to Maria for making the switch and helping to get it in place!
1. For a vaccine to be found/created, and for all of us to get through this virus in full health
2. To write some blog posts, AND send out a newsletter to my mailing list
3. To figure out my window treatments
4. To drink more water
5. A good night’s sleep tonight!
Okay folks, that’s it. Feel free to comment, question and add your own lists below. In the spirit of Holi, may you paint the canvas of your life with the colors of joy, love, happiness, prosperity, good health and success.