It’s been 3 weeks, and I finally decided to get back out in the world. Every day I keep saying that I will head out and take a walk, but every day I wind up opening my windows and stay inside. This morning I ran out of milk – and I cannot drink my coffee without milk – so off I went out in the world. Luckily, my grocery store is a block away, and when I arrived I was first on line to enter the store.
However, the abandoned streets I saw 3 weeks ago, are now full again. Most people were wearing masks, but many were not. The weather is lovely, so I can understand people wanting to get out in it. Heck, I was happy to be out in the world, but the fear hit when I saw way too many people hanging out in close proximity. It’s sad and upsetting that the first thing that hits me seeing people together is fear. And it’s not fair.
So there are a few things I realized. First, is that I do need to get out of my apartment more regularly. And not just down to the basement courtyard to dump my trash. But I need to take a walk when fewer people are out. So, secondly, I need to find a time of day where things are quiet. That may mean early morning excursions, since I think my neighbors tend to congregate in the evenings. And lastly, I need to keep a check on my fears. I guess I know what I’ll talk about in meditation on Thursday…
In the meantime, here are my weekly lists. Care to join along?
1. Windows open on this sunny day in NYC
2. Wine & coffee (and the delivery I just received from Finn Coffee of 3 pounds of beans!)
3. Streaming online options
4. Yoga and my regular students (Kate, Maria & Pavia) for showing up so I have to practice and teach, even if some days I don’t want to.
5. A washing machine, dryer and dishwasher IN MY APARTMENT!
1. Booking two new weddings this week, and scheduling 2 counseling consultations
2. Sending out an April newsletter and writing & posting a new article on the blog
3. 40 straight days of Spanish lessons on Duolingo
4. Doing 100 push ups today (thanks Primary!)
5. Having a series of good hair days
1. More environmentally friendly delivery options
2. For my vertigo to fully subside
3. A hug
4. For my fresh produce box from Misfits Market to actually arrive
5. For Maxie to stop biting my legs & face